CodeVA’s Curriculum Development Program provides curricular materials that support educators in implementing high-quality, equitable computer science instruction so that all students in Virginia are future ready.
CodeVA’s curriculum design process includes teams of teachers with grade level expertise designing lesson plans and learning activities, with external review by professional content experts to ensure content accuracy.
Use the CodeVA Connection Request form to request more information about professional learning or to request professional learning opportunities for your school or district!
Curricular Resources Currently Available:
#GoOpenVA is a collaborative initiative that enables educational entities throughout Virginia to create, share, and access openly-licensed educational resources. CodeVA professional content experts provide computer science curricula for free to educators.
- Indigenous Representation and Presence in Computer Science (CodeVA + VTEC)
- Data Science Project-Based Learning (CodeVA)
- ECS Supplemental Lessons (CodeVA)
- Scratch Identity Packs (SEL, ELA & CS)
- Computer Science for Social Studies (CodeVA)
- Computational Thinking and ELA (CodeVA + GMU)
- Computer Science Integration Resources (CodeVA)