NASA App Development Challenge
21 August, 2020
The App Development Challenge (ADC) is a coding challenge where NASA presents technical problems to middle and high school students seeking student contributions to deep space exploration missions. By responding to the App Development Challenge, students take part directly in the Artemis Generation endeavors to land American astronauts, including the first woman and the next man, on the Moon by 2024!
- work in teams to develop an app to visualize the South Pole region of the Moon
- utilize lunar terrain data to create a visualization that displays essential information for navigation and communication.
- post videos of their app solutions online for consideration by NASA to use in future mission planning activities.
- potentially advance to present their app in an interview with engineers and scientists working with NASA’s Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) team.
- After interviews, potentially be selected by NASA as one one of the Top Team(s) for a culminating event experience in February 2021.